Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

[AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu Empty
PostSubject: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:01 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Cut Chemist on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix-
Genin
Genin
Phoenix-

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 7:44 pm

2. I'm not sure what to think of giving an agility a heavy physical defense boosting ability...
It seems quite similiar to Ethereal Form with only the difference that you still take some damage and keep the ability to attack combining this with the long duration it has at level 4 makes it seem quite OP.
Using this spell while having some lifesteal (Jashin would be best to counter the magical damage) or Flak Jak/Gelel which is always good when you are facing some nukers makes him allmost undying for the duration of that spell.

3. Magic damage ignoring magic resistance? Either your damage is magic and it gets reduced or it's some other kind and will get reduced from other types of defense. The only damage type coming close to what you wrote would be Universal or Enhanced+Spell Damage, both ignore magic immunity but get reduced by magic resistance, Universal Damage also effects Ethereal units while Enhanced doesn't.

PS.: Whats the sence of becoming invisble when not being close to an enemy hero, to me it seems kinda pointless cause the only use i can imagine for that is 'wasting' the spell to pass through a creep wave.
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Phoenix- wrote:
2. I'm not sure what to think of giving an agility a heavy physical defense boosting ability...
It seems quite similiar to Ethereal Form with only the difference that you still take some damage and keep the ability to attack combining this with the long duration it has at level 4 makes it seem quite OP.
Using this spell while having some lifesteal (Jashin would be best to counter the magical damage) or Flak Jak/Gelel which is always good when you are facing some nukers makes him allmost undying for the duration of that spell.

3. Magic damage ignoring magic resistance? Either your damage is magic and it gets reduced or it's some other kind and will get reduced from other types of defense. The only damage type coming close to what you wrote would be Universal or Enhanced+Spell Damage, both ignore magic immunity but get reduced by magic resistance, Universal Damage also effects Ethereal units while Enhanced doesn't.

PS.: Whats the sence of becoming invisble when not being close to an enemy hero, to me it seems kinda pointless cause the only use i can imagine for that is 'wasting' the spell to pass through a creep wave.

#2. What does that even mean? He's an agility ganker. He needs something that allows him to gank and not fear things such as tower hits. It makes sense for him to be invisible because it allows the hero to gank or escape, additionally, it's a survival mechanic because a smart player will notice they are no longer invisible and know an enemy is near.

#3. Worded it poorly, I meant to have it ignore a % of magic resistance.
Back to top Go down
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Ignore % of magic damage is just the same problem with deal a bonus damage, which isn't hard.
Back to top Go down
GodScream
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
GodScream

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I like this skills build just few words on

2/ magic damage up to 40% seems too much for me. And i didn't understand invisible thingy, if u're near within 1000AOE to an ennemy heroe, you can't BE or ACTIVATE that invisible?

PS: Idk why but with internet explorer, i can't view 3 suggestions from chemist (this one, the older guy who wield samehada and akatsuchi) U used something in those 3 suggestions that makes bugs my IE browser. So I dl G-Chrome to view and comment these.
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

GodScream wrote:
I like this skills build just few words on

2/ magic damage up to 40% seems too much for me. And i didn't understand invisible thingy, if u're near within 1000AOE to an ennemy heroe, you can't BE or ACTIVATE that invisible?

PS: Idk why but with internet explorer, i can't view 3 suggestions from chemist (this one, the older guy who wield samehada and akatsuchi) U used something in those 3 suggestions that makes bugs my IE browser. So I dl G-Chrome to view and comment these.

Well, the thing is that I don't want the hero to become a powerhouse and the extra 40% damage helps to make it so that he's still killable to nukers during the late game, because in the late game the hero only taking 50% physical damage can be abused.

In regards to the invisibility aspect it works like this...

First you activate the spell.

Next if there are no heroes within X AoE you become invisible after Y Seconds.

If there are heroes within X AoE you do not become invisible until those heroes are killed or you move away.
Back to top Go down
Natsu
Mod
Mod
Natsu

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:14 am

Tell me his roles please.

About the second skill, he can break the invisivility when he attacks?
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 am

Natsu wrote:
Tell me his roles please.

About the second skill, he can break the invisivility when he attacks?

Ganker/semi-carry and technically speaking he's not going to be invisible when he attacks a hero, because he loses his invisibility when he's within a certain AoE of an enemy hero. It works kinda like smoke.
Back to top Go down
Natsu
Mod
Mod
Natsu

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 am

In that case, if he can take extra 40% magic damage when he triggers this skill, he can use the skill to run away from the enemys and when he triggers it, from the moment he start fading he can take the 40% extra magic damage or im wrong?

Other than that this mangetsu is good!!
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:39 am

Say again?
Back to top Go down
Natsu
Mod
Mod
Natsu

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 1:53 am

I mean if and enemy is near him and he use this spell. In the moment that the fade time starts he will take the extra 40% magic damage from any hability?

Or simple the skill wont trigger if an enemy hero is near him.
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

Well, as long as the spell is active he will take the 40% extra damage, because the ability techinically has the invisiblity as one part, while the other part is taking reduced physical damage at the cost of increased magic damage.
Back to top Go down
Natsu
Mod
Mod
Natsu

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:25 am

I understand, i will add him into the list since is a good suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu   [AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu Empty

Back to top Go down

[AM] Hōzuki Mangetsu
Page 1 of 1