14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruke
Map Maker
Map Maker
Ruke

NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing Empty
PostSubject: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:20 am

We want to announce that the testing period will be 2 weeks. All major bugs should come up in that period.

Where is the map to test?
Here: http://www.nwu-forum.net/t1194-nwu_193c_2_betaw3x

I found a bug, where can I report it?
You can report it here: https://bitbucket.org/muZk/nwu/issues/new
Please, before send it, check for the right priority.

What is the other thing?
The other thing is a feature that I suggested to muzk. Most of you probably did play League of Legends/Heroes of Newearth/DotA2 or similar games, where you can see the life of your allies.
I want to implement that feature in NWU, and I think that most of you would agree with that. For those who do not understand, here is an image:

Spoiler:

More info: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/heroimage-220640/

We would like to know what you think. Should we add this feature in the to-do list of the next version?

Greetings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ironfist.com.ar
ArOunDThaWOrLD
Elite members
Elite members
ArOunDThaWOrLD

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 am

It would be a very good addition to the game but I don't it's a 100% priority since it looks pretty hard to do.
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Map Maker
Map Maker
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:58 am

ArOunDThaWOrLD wrote:
It would be a very good addition to the game but I don't it's a 100% priority since it looks pretty hard to do.
It's already done (I did it long time ago), it's just implement it.
Back to top Go down
ArOunDThaWOrLD
Elite members
Elite members
ArOunDThaWOrLD

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:33 am

Ruke wrote:
ArOunDThaWOrLD wrote:
It's already done (I did it long time ago), it's just implement it.
Oh nice, would be great on the map then!
Back to top Go down
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:17 am

Seems like there are several triggers which seems to be not firing in game loading Sad

EDIT:
Fixed all of them https://bitbucket.org/muZk/nwu/issues?status=new&status=open

New Beta Link NWU_193c_2_Beta.w3x
Back to top Go down
Westfield
Hokage
Hokage
Westfield

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:01 am

Jesus fucking christ, how long did we wait for this ? Very Happy

Anyway, that HP bar is kind of unnessesary, as you can turn on the health bar in the War3 default options

PS The balance hasn't been implemented yet, why not?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Westfield wrote:
Jesus fucking christ, how long did we wait for this ? Very Happy

Anyway, that HP bar is kind of unnessesary, as you can turn on the health bar in the War3 default options

PS The balance hasn't been implemented yet, why not?
Balance hasn't been implemented because we didn't consider it in this iteration. In fact, we wont add features to iterations after we have the to-do-list or we never will release a version. Furthermore, if we decided to add balance this version would be ready on like 2~3 weeks more.
Back to top Go down
https://n-w-u.rpg-board.net
Westfield
Hokage
Hokage
Westfield

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:22 pm

Surely you should adhere to some kind of standards instead of releasing half-done versions.I mean Obito's stats and spell stats are much lower than in Cut's idea and Deidara's nuke is a headache with every version that is coming out, this is just unacceptable really
Back to top Go down
ArOunDThaWOrLD
Elite members
Elite members
ArOunDThaWOrLD

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Westfield wrote:
Surely you should adhere to some kind of standards instead of releasing half-done versions.I mean Obito's stats and spell stats are much lower than in Cut's idea and Deidara's nuke is a headache with every version that is coming out, this is just unacceptable really
Then play some other game? As far as I know NWU is a free map and MuZk doesn't have a contract to release a new version anytime the community wants one. That's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Westfield
Hokage
Hokage
Westfield

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:01 pm

What the hell are you talking about, "play some other game" argument doesn't make any sense. Only because I'm unhappy about something doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing the game entirely...
Back to top Go down
ArOunDThaWOrLD
Elite members
Elite members
ArOunDThaWOrLD

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Westfield wrote:
What the hell are you talking about, "play some other game" argument doesn't make any sense. Only because I'm unhappy about something doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing the game entirely...
If you aren't happy with the game just don't play it. You have high standards like if the game was developped by Riot Games or Valve...
Back to top Go down
XkreshSWx
Admin
Admin
XkreshSWx

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:40 pm

@westfield dont you worry , dont you worry west see Hell got some plans for youu Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://forum.narutowarsunlimited.com
Ruke
Map Maker
Map Maker
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 pm

easy, we eventually will fix that.

remember, all those things that you consider that are bug/should not work like that/op-items/op-heroes/etc can be reported here: https://bitbucket.org/muZk/nwu/issues/new
Back to top Go down
XkreshSWx
Admin
Admin
XkreshSWx

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 7:49 pm

ok look first of all What must get changed is the completely OP THING All heroes must be Normal 'Standard' just like in 1.2.2 nwu and SAW because i do thing the heros in this 1.3.9 version are op not op in a way LIKE EPIC but all are strong TO STRONG xd
so must take look good,cuz its good for the game,clash,fights,long etccc more interesting more excited who survive who win Very Happy just saying hahah
Back to top Go down
http://forum.narutowarsunlimited.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:40 pm

We wont go back to 1.2.2 or Saw style games.
Back to top Go down
https://n-w-u.rpg-board.net
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Stable version is priority. We can add balance after it.

Just think about it, I have very little time to work on NWU so I have to priorize the most important things.
Back to top Go down
Westfield
Hokage
Hokage
Westfield

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:15 pm

ArOunDThaWOrLD wrote:
Westfield wrote:
If you aren't happy with the game just don't play it. You have high standards like if the game was developped by Riot Games or Valve...
It's like im talking with a brick wall rofl. And no the standards aren't that high, my suggestions don't imply a new whole level concept, be it in item suggestions or hero ones. But balance suggestions cannot in any way be classified as a high standard factor. Im done with you numbnuts

muzk wrote:
Stable version is priority. We can add balance after it.

Just think about it, I have very little time to work on NWU so I have to priorize the most important things.
Muzk you've said yourself that changing numbers will take like a minute or two, cmon
Back to top Go down
ArOunDThaWOrLD
Elite members
Elite members
ArOunDThaWOrLD

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Westfield I think you fail to realise people have a life outside the game. Not everyone's life is based on video games and staying home in a dark room playing online. If waiting for a map to be relased is all you talk about then I feel pretty bad for you seriously...
Back to top Go down
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 pm

Yeah but that was in the previous escenario when I was working alone.

Now everychange IN MAP should be moved to OUTSIDE MAP, that increase balance time atm. Why outside? Because I'm working with Ruke, and this is the only way we can develop in paralell.

Also, moving a file outside map may cause bugs (like in 139_1 beta) which have to be tested (unlike just changing a number). This add more time again.

After we move almost all script outside it will be really fast and safe to develop.

And ruke is more strict than me about the planification and I didn't include balance in the race for 139c stable version.
Back to top Go down
Azog

Azog

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Ruke wrote:

What is the other thing?
The other thing is a feature that I suggested to muzk. Most of you probably did play League of Legends/Heroes of Newearth/DotA2 or similar games, where you can see the life of your allies.
I want to implement that feature in NWU, and I think that most of you would agree with that. For those who do not understand, here is an image:

Spoiler:
What happen if some users dont want this addition im talking for me when i say i dont like it ,this is kinda annoying saw life from all allies :/ u should make a poll for it Smile
Back to top Go down
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 pm

^yeah thats why he is asking Razz
Back to top Go down
Azog

Azog

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:03 pm

How i say make a poll dont just ask Smile what happen if 2 guys say yes and 1 no, so u add it? bad idea just make a poll Smile
Back to top Go down
Westfield
Hokage
Hokage
Westfield

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 11:00 pm

Azog, i dont mind your reasons as to not liking what im suggesting, but at least have some decency to say why you disagree, otherwise your voice is kind of worthless
Back to top Go down
Cut Chemist
NWU Staff
NWU Staff
Cut Chemist

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 am

The most important things for a new version should be...

Bug Fixes and Balance changes, both affect stability within a map; there shouldn't be a release without both being addressed. If it takes more time, oh well, it takes more time. Just do it right.

@ ArOunDThaWOrLD

Your comments towards West are fucking repulsive.
Back to top Go down
muzk
Map Maker
Map Maker
muzk

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 3:37 am

Bah. He want his balance changes in map but I already did balance for 139c (based on Dave's suggestions). If we start to add all the balance changes that the version needs we will never release it. It's just about planification.

There is a changelog for 139c ->
Spoiler:

We will add more balance in next version, which is supposed to be 1.4

Feel free to create a proposal in our issue section: https://bitbucket.org/muZk/nwu/issues/new

Last edited by muzk on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing   NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing Empty

Back to top Go down

NWU_193c_2_Beta Testing period and one more thing
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next